Findscholarships.com.ng is pleased to announce that In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) (AIMS-Carnegie) is inviting students who are in the final stage of their MSc or MSc holders with an interest in data science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others), to apply for one of four attractive PhD scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
About African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a tertiary education and research institute in Muizenberg, South Africa, founded in September 2003, and an associated network of linked institutes in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda.
About the Award
The AIMS-Carnegie Research program in Data Science and its Applications aims to position Africa at the forefront of information science. It also seeks to ensure that scientists worldwide are able to fully contribute to the above goal.
Application Deadline: 13th June 2022
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
Number of Awards:
Value of Award:
Successful candidates will each benefit from financial support of up to $19 390 per annum for the three year duration of their research study. Funding is also available for conferences and international scientific events. The term can be renewed based on satisfactory progress. Students would preferably be based at QLA in Rwanda and could be affiliated to any of the AIMS Research Centres and spend time in other international partner universities or research centres. Beneficiaries may also be affiliated to any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the AIMS Research Centre.
Duration of Award:
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying