Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People 2024/2025: The Hungarian Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians through the Hungary Helps Program are offering scholarships available for bachelor, master and one-tier master programmes.
Application Deadline: 10th January 2024 (until 23:59 Central European Time).
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is announced for the citizens of following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia & Nigeria.
To be taken at (country): Hungary
About the Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People: The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP) was founded in 2017 by the Government of Hungary.
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is managed by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Program. The Hungary Helps Agency is in charge of coordinating the Scholarship Programme since August 2020.
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and thy will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
Type: Bachelor, Masters
Eligibility: The Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People is based on the cooperation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions.
- The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. Only those applications can be awarded with scholarship, which also possess the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts
- An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
Selection Criteria: Applications are considered formally eligible if all criteria are met:
- the applicant is eligible for participation in the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has applied for a scholarship type and study programme available within the framework of the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has submitted the application and all documents as required no later than the application deadline (except for cases listed in section 3.3.);
- the applicant has proved his/her language proficiency and the language skills meet the requirements of the Host Institution.
Applicants with an eligible, formally correct application can proceed to the institutional entrance examinations. Each applicant can participate in up to two institutional entrance examinations – based on the submitted application form.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People:
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119 000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Accommodation – dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs – HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
How to Apply for Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People: The applicants must fill out and save all requested information on the online application form in English language and also present all relevant documents.
PLEASE APPLY HERE!